I hope that you are always happy with your purchase but in the unusual event that you are not, please apply the following policy:
All my items come with a cancellation/ returns policy in accordance with the EU Directive 97/7/EC and United Kingdom’s The Trading Standards Institute: Distance Selling Regulations (DSR’s)/ The E-Commerce Regulations (ECRs) and are as follows:
• You as the customer have the unconditional right to cancel the order and receive a full refund for the item cost plus any shipping cost within 7 working days, the 7 working days start from the day that you receive your jewellery or the next following working day if delivered at a week-end. This does not apply to custom orders.
• I will refund your order cost as soon as possible after you cancel the order and no longer than 30 working days after the cancelation date.
• You the customer have a statutory duty under the DSR, that throughout the period of cancellation to retain possession of the jewellery and take reasonable care of the items, ensuring that I receive the returned jewellery and that it is not damaged in transit.
• You the customer are responsible for returning the jewellery in its original condition, including gift box and at your own shipping cost.
• Regretfully earrings cannot be cancelled and returned, for hygiene reasons.
• If the jewellery is damaged during the shipping process, please take a picture to show me the damaged piece and packaging so I know how to improve the packing in the future, and also claim the insurance from the shipping company.
• If the jewellery is lost in transit, Royal Mail deems not delivered by 30 working days as lost in transit, I will offer you a replacement piece of jewellery (not exactly the same piece as all my designs are unique in their final form), or a full refund including the shipping cost. I always insure and have tracking numbers on my shipped orders. I cannot be held responsible for addresses entered incorrectly but will do my utmost to track the package down.
• Any refunds will be refunded back into your chosen payment method of PayPal, credit card or bank account.
Custom order terms and conditions
Your piece will be lovingly made by me, Amy Jennings. Commission lead time is approx 4 weeks and commences when full payment has been received and details of the commission have been confirmed.
Deposits are non-refundable, with no exceptions. I do not accept cancellations on accepted commissions. If you cannot complete your full payment for whatever reason, please contact me. In some cases it is possible to put the balance paid towards a future commission.
Custom made items cannot be accepted for returns unless they are faulty.
I make rings in US (numbers) and UK (letters) standard, half and quarter sizes. It is your responsibility to provide your correct ring size when placing your order.
Note: when ordering cluster settings there will always be a slight variation from the final cluster layout chosen. I will always endeavour to make the piece as close to the layout that we choose but please be aware that concessions need to be made for width of bezels, prong positions and rough stones. If you are extremely picky and want precision that is fine but a Callirrhoe Jewellery piece is probably not for you. My work is intentionally wabi-sabi in style which is a personal taste and a reflection of my values. If I wanted to produce precision work I would but Callirrhoe Jewellery is about rustic, organic textures that tell a story of how it was made. If this is something you appreciate then you will love your Callirrhoe Jewellery piece!
Agreeing to a payment plan means you agree to pay, in full, the balance laid out in a preliminary discussion about your commission. The first payment is due immediately unless noted otherwise. Invoices will be sent at the beginning of each month and can be paid at any time during that month. If you are able, you can complete your full payment earlier. If for whatever reason you are unable to complete your payment, please contact Callirrhoe Jewellery to discuss as it may be possible to use payments already made as credit.
Regretfully, Callirrhoe Jewellery cannot give refunds on payments already made.
▴All ready-to-ship jewellery will be sent within 1-4 business days after full payment being received in PayPal, Direct Checkout or Bank Transfer. Payment must be made in full before goods can be dispatched.
UK - sent via Royal Mail, 2nd class signed for and insured to the value of the piece = £9.20. Shipping is free if you spend over £200
Rest of the world - sent via electronically tracked airmail, insured = £9.20 and free for pieces over £200
▴ Your purchase will not be shipped until the payment has been received in full and then I will ship within 1-4 business days.
▴ All shipping is made using Royal Mail or USPS in USA. Standard delivery could take between 5 and 28 business days and is trackable. Please allow for this time period before worrying where your item is but please contact me if you are concerned.
▴ Please be aware that shipping times can occasionally take longer due to postal services, weather conditions and other circumstances out of my control. Callirrhoe Jewellery is not responsible for any lost parcels, or incorrect addresses so please ensure you provide the correct shipping address.
▴ If you require a faster delivery service, I can ship your jewellery purchase via Royal Mail Next Day for UK addresses at extra cost, please contact me if this is a service you require. I cannot expedite overseas shipping unfortunately.
▴ If a package is undeliverable due to an inaccurate postal/ shipping address provided by the buyer, or if a package is unclaimed by the buyer at a postal/ shipping holding depot, I cannot be held responsible and the item cost cannot be refunded. The buyer is responsible for supplying accurate postal/ shipping details.
▴ Please note that for the USA if the item/items exceed $200.00 and Canada $20 (Canadian dollars) the buyer is responsible for the Customs charges and Taxes that will be incurred. Charges made by any destination country are the sole responsibility of the buyer, please be aware of potential customs fees.
Always make your jewellery the last garment you put on and the first thing you take off. Necklaces and rings tend to catch on clothing and can be easily damaged. I will always repair your jewellery but this small practice will minimise any damage potential. Never wear your jewellery during sports or doing rough activities and never keep jewellery in your trouser pockets as it will certainly become damaged when sitting down. I recommend that you remove your jewellery before using any cleaning chemicals, beauty products, washing and showering. This will minimise the potential for damaging your jewellery.
Always store your jewellery so that it is not rubbing up against any other jewellery items. I suggest keeping it in the gift box provided.
If your jewellery is oxidised, the patina will wear away away over time and will eventually reveal a brighter piece underneath.
If you want to remove tarnish from sterling silver use a soft polishing cloth such as a Sunshine cloth to remove light surface scratching.
You jewellery is covered by a lifetime manufacturer's warranty and will be assessed by me, Amy Jennings of Callirrhoe Jewellery to determine any damage.
If damage is determined to be at the manufacturer's fault then will be repaired free of charge by Amy Jennings of Callirrhoe Jewellery.
If damaged is determined to be at the customer's fault then it will be repaired at cost to the customer.
All return postage is to be paid by the customer.
If you have any questions, don't hesitate to drop me a line at email@example.com